As a designer at UBC Launch Pad, you will be working with other designers and developers to ideate and build a project for 4-8 months! You will be creating beautiful interfaces that provide great user experiences while being supported by Launch Pad’s design lead and your team’s tech lead.
- Learn and build collaboratively with other designers and developers
- Attend team meetings and complete tasks to the best of your ability with the support of your lead and team
- Spearhead the design of the project by conducting user research, user testing, wireframing, and prototyping
- Communicate with your design lead or co-presidents if you need any support
- Follow the onboarding procedures to prepare yourself for the term
What you get
- An amazing documentation website to equip you with all the tools you need to succeed!
- Learn and exercise professional design practices
- Experience the full lifecycle of bringing a complex project to life
- Advance your UX/UI skills by spearheading product design in the team
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills by creating a meaningful project with your team
- Make some life-long relationships with the people from Launch Pad 💫
- Club meetings every Saturday from 11pm-2pm
- Meetings are primarily in-person
- (most weeks) the first hour is required, the rest of the time is to hang out, work, and eat lunch together; we highly recommend staying if you can!
- Around 5 hours per week working on tasks
- Samples of personal projects. This can be:
- A website portfolio
- PDF portfolio (Google Drive Link)
- PDF Case studies (Google Drive Link)
- Slide Deck (Google Slides Link) A passion for learning and experimenting, and a willingness to participate actively
- We welcome folks of all skill levels, whether you are a complete beginner just starting out or if you’ve done several internships and have a portfolio of awesome projects - learn more about our recruitment goals in our handbook