Our currently active accounts:
firstname.lastname@example.org- access granted to Launch Pad presidents only.
email@example.com- access granted to strategy members. All mail is forwarded to
firstname.lastname@example.org well for visibility.
Credentials are available in the
ubclaunchpad/exec (opens new window) repository. Both accounts are managed by the
email@example.com GSuite account.
When using a
ubclaunchpad.com email, you are representing the club as a whole, not yourself. With that in mind, we have the following policies:
- All third-party accounts should be tied to
firstname.lastname@example.org, and not any other account. This gives us the ability to recover lost accounts and track active accounts we have.
- Do not create new GSuite users - each user increases our cost, while making it difficult to track down where things are and hand off assets appropriately.
- Do not create new email aliases - similar to users, aliases increases confusion when dealing with users. Definitely do not create aliases for yourself, such as
To aid in organization, you can create filters (opens new window) that apply labels to incoming emails.
# Suspicious sign-in
Since email accounts are shared, Google frequently suspects that we are hackers. To bypass a suspicious sign-in block, ask one of the presidents to disable login challenges temporarily. To do this:
- Log in to the GSuite admin console (opens new window)
- Go to Users and select the relevant user
- Go to Security and click "Login challenge" to temporarily disable it