# Designer 🚀
UBC Launch Pad 2020 Team
As a designer at UBC Launch Pad, you will be working with other designers and developers to ideate and build a project for 4-8 months! You will be creating beautiful interfaces that provide great user experiences while being supported by Launch Pad’s design lead and your team’s tech lead.
Learn more about us on our website (opens new window) or our club manifesto (opens new window), which includes our vision and code of conduct. You can also learn about how recruitment works in Launch Pad in our recruitment overview.
We are not currently accepting applications for this role.
Sign up for our newsletter (opens new window) to get updates!
- Learn and build collaboratively with other designers and developers
- Attend team meetings and complete tasks to the best of your ability with the support of your lead and team
- Spearhead the design of the project by conducting user research, user testing, wireframing, and prototyping, as outlined in our project timeline (opens new window)
- Communicate with your design lead or co-presidents if you need any support
- Follow the onboarding procedures (opens new window) to prepare yourself for the term
# What you get
- An amazing documentation website to equip you with all the tools you need to succeed!
- Learn and exercise professional design practices
- Experience the full lifecycle of bringing a complex project to life
- Advance your UX/UI skills by spearheading product design in the team
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills by creating a meaningful project with your team
- Make some life-long relationships with the people from Launch Pad 💫
# Time commitment
- September 12th (TBD) - semester kickoff
- Weekly team meetings (1 hour per week) and occasional club meetings
- Around 5 hours per week working on tasks
- Samples of personal projects. This can be:
- A website portfolio
- PDF portfolio (Google Drive Link)
- PDF Case studies (Google Drive Link)
- Slide Deck (Google Slides Link)