# Design Lead 🚀
UBC Launch Pad 2020 Team
This year, we are establishing a closer leadership team, where tech-leads’ responsibility extends from simplifying leading your project to engage in club-wise planning and decision making. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is passionate about Launch Pad, and is willing to take initiatives in growing not only as a person, but also as a team!
We do not accept applications for this role.
Our design leads are selected through a nomination process.
- Lead a team of designers over 8-month development process
- Spearhead the design recruitment by reviewing applications and conducting interviews
- Collaborate with tech-leads to learn how you can support the designers in their team
- Support and provide guidance to other designers when they need help in their projects
- Responsible for Launch Pad’s branding and social media marketing
- Nominate future design lead (keep an eye on who’s being a superstar 👀)
- Provide feedback and progress updates to the co-pres to help them understand the performance of the club
- Be an active member on the leadership team to voice out your ideas and opinions on how we can make Launch Pad the best experience for everyone!
- Help us document design and administrative processes for future generations of designers in our handbook (opens new window)!
# What you get
- Develop your leadership skills by leading a cross-disciplinary team with autonomy
- Advanced your design skills by overseeing a the design elements in multiple projects
- Demonstrate you are a problem-solver by creating a meaningful project with your team
- Make some life-long relationships with the people from Launch Pad 💫